Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Reject the Boy Scouts of America's anti-gay policy on adults


My brother is gay and was in Boy Scouts, it gave him and my Dad a bonding experience like no other. What I don't get is WHY do you want to take that away from people or families? So my brother happens to love another man, it in no way changes the AMAZING outstanding person he is. And this boy gets time with his mothers and I know from being around the scouts when my brother was one that the time you have, the things you learn together are priceless. You will never get that time back again, and we should be praising our parents for being involved, many parents don't give a damn or let their kids do whatever they want now a days. So instead of tearing families apart and teaching them discrimination or basically forcing them to be someone they are not is wrong. The boy Scouts mission "is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law"


The Oath and Laws include
On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
and be morally straight (I left a few things out cause it really doesn't pertain).
A Scout must be Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Courteous, Friendly, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, Reverent.


Well I am sorry Troop 512 of Converse, TX what you are doing is NONE OF THIS! Yes this boy and his Mothers are Extremely Brave for speaking out. But shame on your troop, the Boy Scouts and every other person who wants to exclude someone on sexual orientation. I am Christian, and God loves us all. You self righteous people who think that love can only exist between a man and a woman and that because someone is "not the societies norm" need to wake up! We have priests that molest little boys, yet would you have a problem if they wanted to become a scout leader? So stop all your hypocrisy and support the fact that these mothers are actually taking an interest in their son's lives. Especially when there are SO many children who will never get that kind of love. Stop the Ignorance, Stop the hate. Its very simple. Please sign the Petition and put a stop to all the hate and ignorance.

Reject the Boy Scouts of America's anti-gay policy on adults

Thank you ~ K@tes

No comments:

Post a Comment